|Retained Logic and Progress Override in Primavera P6|
|Primavera P6 Release 8.4 Highlights|
|The Role of a Primavera P6 Administrator|
|Managing Chaos in a Primavera P6 Production Environment|
|Managing POB on Offshore Platforms|
|Utilizing Multiple Methods to Remove Logic in Primavera P6|
|Managing Lag Utilizing a Time Delay Activity in P6|
|Moving Data From SAP to Primavera|
|Level of Effort and Duration Type|
|Plan The Plan|
|Filter Activities Within a Specific Timeframe|
Goal: How to filter for activities within a specific timeframe.
To filter for activities within a specific timeframe, create the following filter:
For this example the timeframe is August 28, 2005 through September 3, 2005. When creating your filter, substitute the appropriate dates as necessary.
1. Create a new filter by choosing View, Filters and clicking on New.
2. Enter the following selection criteria:
Where Start is less than or equals <your Finish date>
Where Finish is greater than or equals <your Start
What this filter will return:
Activities that have ANY time scheduled during the specified timeframe.
It may give activities that are in progress if they are scheduled on the specified date
What this filter will not return:
Activities that FINISH before 28AUG05 or START after 03SEP05.
Note: If you do not see the "Time" in your Value fields, choose Edit, User Preferences, Dates Tab, Time Section and select either the 12 or 24 hour time format.
|Copy a WBS Structure Into a New Project|
www.tepco.us ● (281) 428-3726
Goal: How to copy the WBS structure from an existing project into a new project.
There are two ways to copy the WBS information from one project to another.
Project that has the WBS structure already in the database
1. Open both projects and choose Project, WBS.
2. Go to View, Group and Sort By. Choose Default.
3. Highlight the WBS structure to copy. Right-click and choose Copy.
4. Click on the project to copy the WBS into and right-click and choose Paste.
5. Uncheck all the boxes in the Copy WBS Options box
(unless you want to copy assignments over also).
6. Click OK.
Project that has the WBS structure, but is not in the database
This procedure assumes you have an XER of the project to copy the WBS structure from.
1. Open the project that is going to receive the WBS structure.
2. Choose File, Import.
3. Follow the prompts until you reach the Import Project Options:
a. At this stage of the import, choose "Update Existing Project" and also choose the correct project in the "Import To" section.
b. Click Next.
c. Click Yes if you receive a message about the Unique Internal Identifier not matching.
4. The next screen should appear:
a. Click on "Add".
b. Enter a name for the new configuration.
c. Click on Modify.
5. The Modify Import
Configuration dialog should appear:
a. This screen will allow you to choose what Data Items you can import from the XER into the project. Click on the "Keep Existing" and change them to "Do Not Import" for all of the items you do not want to import.
b. Ensure that Projects and WBS are changed to Insert New and click OK.
6. The following window will appear:
a. You will have to click in the "Use" column for the WBS Only configuration to be changed to "Yes".
b. Click Next.
7. Click Finish.
|Copying Activities to Another Project While Maintaining WBS Structure|
Goal: How to copy activities to another project while maintaining their WBS structure in the new schedule.
1. Open both the source and destination projects.
2. Select, Project, WBS
3. Highlight the WBS level(s) which contain the activities and lower WBS levels which are to be copied to the second project.
4. Select, Edit, Copy.
5. Move the cursor to the desired WBS location within the destination project.
6. Select, Edit, Paste.
7. The following
screen with the 'Copy WBS Options' will be
8. Ensure that 'Activities' is ticked and hit 'OK'
9. A second 'Copy Activity Options' screen will appear:
10. Select the relevant options as needed.
The WBS structure and the associated activities will be pasted into the new project.
|Using Time Delays to Manage Your Work|
|Change Activity ID using Excel|
|Retained Logic vs. Progress Override|
|Utilizing a Start to Finish Relationship|
|Hot Keys and Icon Definitions for Project Management|
Goal: Hot Keys & Icons for Project Management
The following boxes
work with the Project & Activity data in the top view.
The following boxes work with the Activity data in the top view.
At the top, Choose…..Enterprise – Edits Global information
|Who's Logged Into Your Primavera Database?|