PROJECT CONTROLS MANAGER
• On-Site In New Johnsonville, Tn
• Per Diem Paid at 7 Days/Week
• Competitive Rate & Benefits Package
• 1 Year with Potential To Go Direct Upon Completion Of 1 Year Assignment
This position is responsible for delivery of all project control services on large projects that may be located domestically or globally.
Project Controls Manager reports to the Project Director / Manager with a functional (dotted line) reporting relationship to the Project Controls Director. The Project Controls Manager works alongside other members of the Project Leadership Team to clarify and control project scope; develop predictable cost estimates and achievable plans & schedules, validated against internal and industrial benchmarks to ensure project’s competitiveness; preserve business value by monitoring budgets, commitments, and actual cost; manage changes, measure physical progress, report forecasts, and continuously assesses and influence project performance to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of the project’s objectives in line with existing Project Process.
The Project Controls Manger may be responsible for the leadership of up to 10 project control practitioners.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of Project Control organization, systems, and procedures.
• Practice proactive stakeholder management and form effective working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure alignment on project goals and objectives.
• Coordinate resourcing requirements with Project Leadership Team and manage changes and assimilation of new team members.
• Develop and maintain the Project Controls Management Plan (PCMP) as the guiding document for delivery of cost estimating, cost control, planning & scheduling, progress measurement, document control, contract administration and risk management on the project.
• Ensure the project follows the existing Project Processes and other capital project delivery guidelines and procedures.
• Develop communications and reporting networks for data gathering, review, analysis and presentation of recommendations to ensure the project remains on schedule and within budget.
• Work collaboratively with Contractors to adhere to the PCMP and associated commercial and project reporting requirements.
• Coordinate and collate the Monthly Review presentations (e.g., Steering Committee, Investment Committee, etc.) for internal and external project stakeholders.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for consistency of data and reporting.
• Provide input to basis of estimates for the budgets and total installed cost estimates and analyze and review results for validity.
• Assist in the development and review of economics in support of funding requests.
• Coordinates commercial input to project economics.
• Develop strategy for building and maintaining the overall Project plan, incorporating both direct employees and Contractor’s work scopes and schedules, within all levels of planning.
• Reviews and approves the baseline schedules for all levels of planning.
• Review and approve the development and updating of progress curves corresponding to the Work Breakdown Structure.
• Develop, implement and maintain an organization, systems and procedures for Cost Control and Reporting. Ensure the cost control data and reporting corresponds to the Work Breakdown Structure.
• Review cost data, cash flow, contingency draw down and forecasts and make recommendations to ensure the project remains within budget and cash flow constraints.
• Develops and maintains contingency drawdown plan and provides input and recommendations for ongoing maintenance and reporting during the project’s phase of work.
• Ensure all project cost data and forecasts are interfaced and communicated with internal and Corporate, Business Unit, Budget and Accounting/ Financial Departments.
• Work with the Contracts & Procurement Manager to develop, implement and maintain an organization, systems and procedures for Contracts Administration.
• Ensure that a Change Management Procedure is implemented and followed during the project.
• Develop, implement and maintain an organization, systems and procedures for Document Control.
• Responsible for development and implementation of a project-wide Risk Management Plan including processes and procedures to identify and assess risk, develop mitigation strategies and track mitigating actions, and communicate progress to the project’s stakeholders.
• Provide input and support for the overall assurance reviews where necessary and applicable to the project controls function.
• Gather and analyze benchmark data to support the cost & schedule assurance processes.
• Assist in the preparation of the Project close out data and reports.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Contractor project controls and project management teams.